Microsoft Word for Mac: problem

Reaction score
Hi. Caveman here: I'm writing a novel. Using Word for Mac. Got a basic problem.
Getting into my writing so I can edit it.

I usually go to the Dock on desktop, click the strange looking Blue Thing and that takes me to the Microsoft Word program. Then I click File up on top and here's where the problem is: I get title of the version I'm editing fine. But I also get prior titles of the manuscript that I deleted! And each time I delete those prior titles, another one is somehow added. Its as if the MacBook is saying like a spoiled child:No you cant delete that one. I like it and I'm going to make more of them!!!! Result:

I end up with 5 or more old versions that are obsolete.....un-needed. And since the titles are slightly different its hard to figure out which one is the REAL one.

Its getting crowded and confusing. And this all takes place before I can get to the
"real" one and work on it.

So all I'd like to know is How to open a document I wish to work on without the Macbook reproducing former copies I don't want anymore??????

Reproducing: That's it. My computer is sex crazed. It wants to reproduce everything. It wants to populate the world with un-needed manuscripts. In short,
My computer needs a condom!

How can I get Birth Control for the little rascal?

Ric

Reaction score
Have a read though this see if it helps. That should help with the reproduction issues.

Then the simplest thing to do is open the document and go to the file menu and do a 'Save as' then save the file to the desktop. Now whenever you wan to work on the file just double click on it, and not on the blue thingy in the dock.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question