Major Tiger Bootcamp Beta Error

Reaction score
When I bought my Macbook Pro and found Boot Camp beta I thought "Whoopie I can play games using windows with Boot Camp"

So I installed it and it worked fine until a couple of months ago where my Windows side totally f*cked up, leaving me with a major problem.

My windows OS could not find any bootcamp files or would not connect to the internet or anything.

I booted into Mac, changed the date to before Boot Camp Beta expired like it said on The Mac support, then used the remove windows function.

To my suprise this did not work, meaning that I had a 30Gb windows partition on my Mac, with no way of getting rid of it.... I tried Disk Utility and this did nothing, saying I could not erase the other partition, form the drive into one Mac partition or anything.

So I booted into windows and tried to format the drive, again no help at all as Windows would not let me format it.

On my Boot Camp Error I have this message:

"The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.

back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

Disk Utility will not allow me to do anything to the windows partition so I cannot do anything to fix this issue.

I cannot install Leopard to get the full version of Boot Camp to try and fix this as it tells me I have a partition problem, and I cannot delete the windows partition on either Mac side or Windows side.

Basically I cannot do anything with the windows partition and have tried many support threads where other people have had the same error.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?
Or could somebody possibly send me the files that Boot Camp Beta uses when you need to create a CD for windows to work please?

Thank you.

Ask a Question