Mail shows header but not message

Reaction score
Emails started coming through a month ago with headers only, no message. Often the statement "This message has no content." I don't know of anything I changed recently. Any ideas?

Reaction score
This has also happened to me.
Mail is terrible - now I have to wait several minutes for the content to load, yet sometimes it disappears, never to be seen again.

Ati

Reaction score
I have had this problem for a while. I have to "Rebuild" my mailbox to see the content, every time. Not always and not all emails. This one newsletter fails to load constantly - blank contents. Then also random other emails.
While in that mailbox with the lost content, go to the Mailboxes tab and click on Rebuild. Then click on a different mailbox to give it time to rebuild and check again. This works for me. Too bad I have to do it so often, though.

Reaction score
Emails started coming through a month ago with headers only, no message. Often the statement "This message has no content." I don't know of anything I changed recently. Any ideas?
Me2 - but for at least a year. No idea of a fix, but good news is that you can still access those emails through your iCloud mail account online: all content makes it through there.

Reaction score
So far, not one person has mentioned the OS version or maintenance level. Hard to tell where the problem is without that info. I had a similar issue when migrating to Catalina years ago, but maintenance eventually resolved the issue.

Reaction score
Ventura seems to be the problem for me. Most of my no-content messages are from newsletters.

Reaction score
My MacBook does the same thing all the time. I use Yahoo and I can get those messages by going directly to yahoo mail instead of my Mac mailbox. But, I do not know why this happens.

Reaction score
I have had this problem for a while. I have to "Rebuild" my mailbox to see the content, every time. Not always and not all emails. This one newsletter fails to load constantly - blank contents. Then also random other emails.
While in that mailbox with the lost content, go to the Mailboxes tab and click on Rebuild. Then click on a different mailbox to give it time to rebuild and check again. This works for me. Too bad I have to do it so often, though.
I am running Ventura 16.2 and mail version 16.0 on a Mac. I do not see a rebuild mailbox anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
I have had this happen over a long period of time. I can't remember when it started but it is certainly longer than a year. I can't know for sure but I suspect that such messages are some form of hacking, such as an attempt to transfer some file onto one's computer or perhaps simply obtain an address for spam or some such. Another factor that has caused me to think that is that on checking the actual sender rather than the one shown up-front, I have often found very strange details. For that reason, I simply delete these empty mesages. I have never had any of the supposed senders contact me again which has only added strength to my belief that these are probably, at best accidental and if not, malicious.

I use a MacBook Pro 17"" 2011 Mac OS High Sierra and a Mac Mini 2018 Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3 - It happens on both machines.

Reaction score
I am running Monterey. This has been happening to me for months - I thought it was my 2015 iMac at fault, as it has done other very strange things, like suddenly losing the desktop. Sometimes the content will appear after a short wait; sometimes after several hours; sometimes it will disappear again. These are e-mails from friends as well as organizations that I want to hear from. Thanks for the Rebuild tip; I will try it.

Ask a Question