Mail help needed

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some help for my Mail account

I currently have 2 POP accounts (gmail) that i access through the mail program on my MacBook and everything works great all the time. I don't have a .mac account as i don't need anymore email address and this works just great for me until....

My trouble has started now i am going on holiday for several days and i wish to put a 'out of office' or 'unavailable' notice to any of my clients that email me.
I can't seem to find anywhere on the Mail help or options that i can use to do this.

I can do it in my gmail account but i don't want to log into each account to do this and wondered if there was a way i could do it for both my accounts at the same time on the mail program.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas out there as i've searched the internet and found nothing.

Cheers

Funnky

Reaction score
Hi Funnky -

Mail is extremely flexible as it allows you to set "rules", which are essentially automatic scripts that run when conditions you set are met. In Mail, go to Preferences, then click on Rules. You can set an action to reply a set text block to a mail, forward a mail or many other things, have a look.

Ask a Question