Magic mouse issue

Reaction score
I have had a magic mouse with my 21.5 inc imac for about 8 months, and recently the in the last month the magic mouse has randomly been reseting the scroll speed to slow and i have have togo to system prefs and change it back which is getting kind of annoying, this is happening every 1-3 days at the moment . Any idea what could be causing this?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi Devek :)

Try this and let us know how it goes:

• In the Finder, go to (your user account) ~> Library ~> Preferences

• Move the file com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist to the Trash

• Move the file com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist to the Trash

• DO NOT empty the Trash

• Restart your computer

• Set the scroll speed

• Restart your computer and use it for awhile

If you continue to have problems with your Magic Mouse, put the files you trashed back where they came from.

Otherwise, you will have either fixed the problem or eliminated the two preference files above as the source of your problem.

Reaction score
ok, moved com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.pl is to the trash and could not locate com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist, will give you and update with how it goes in a few days. thanks for the help.

Ask a Question