Macbook pro won't stop copying. Please help!

Reaction score
I've got a Macbook pro (using Leopard 10.5) and was transferring files from my old imac via and external hard disk. During the transfer the USB was accidentally pulled out.

Now it continues to try and copy even though the hard disk has been removed. I've tried reinserting the hard disk and ejecting it but it hasn't helped. The laptop won't shut down as the computer is 'still in use'.

It's driving me nuts can anyone help?

Reaction score
Press the power button and keep it pressed in until the computer shuts down. Leave it off for at least 1 minute, and then proceed to boot up again, the problem should have gone.

Reaction score
I did that but when I started the laptop up again loaded up the startup assistant. I filled in the fields again but as soon as I've finished all the pages it just sends me to the begining again.

I've checked that I haven't missed any information out but the computer simply won't let me go any further.

Is the next stop the Mac shop?

Ask a Question