MacBook Pro Busted

Reaction score
Well I had an enjoyable holiday in Mexico and then a short trip to Chicago for the weekend with some friends of mine. Long story short, never trust the Hotel Bell-Boys or this may happen!

DSC00804.JPG

Yes, that's my MBP all dented up! My guess is as they were wheeling it into storage for safe keeping while my friends and I shopped downtown Chicago, it fell off the cart. They did not tell me that. I am thinking about calling the Hotel, but I am pessimistic here. It's my word against theirs, so they will not do anything. Now, I am not sure what path to take. I can go to Apple and try to get AppleCare to cover the cost, but I am not sure if it will be covered. Again, I am pessimistic. Or I can have Apple repair it and it will cost a lot of money. But it needs to get fixed. That grey seal thing hangs right in front of the CD drive so in order for me to eject CDs, I have to push it up out of the way. I use my CD drive a lot for my Podcasting! Now I have to be concerned about dust getting into the hole on the side of the CD drive.

What course should I take? How much will this incident set me back if I have to pay for it? :mad: :(

Thanks all!

Cheerio (as much as I can in this situation)
Searay

Reaction score
Do you have household insurance Searay? I know it wasn't damaged at home, but you could try that as a last resort, especially if your insurance covers for items on the move.

Reaction score
Hey Kyomii!

Well I am not exactly sure if insurance will cover it. I am still under my parents insurance plans. I guess I could give that a shot. But I think I am going to see what Apple says first. Thanks for the reply as always

Cheerio
Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Looks like I've joined the 'busted club'...

Sorry about your MacBook.

Household insurance is your best bet if it's got accidental damage cover, ot maybe your credit card if you booked the hotel with it they may have cover fro damage whilst you were away !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question