MAC to a PC...I don't want to BUT no CHOICE!! Help!

Reaction score
I have to return my MAC computer that I have had for the past three years and my only alternative is a PC. So, now I am faced with getting my music from my MAC to my PC and I am struggling with finding out exactly how to do that. Can anyone help?:confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Have a read of the doc's in this post...

It explains how to copy the music from the Mac --> onto an iPod (or external drive) and then onto the new PC !

Let us know if you are not sure of anything !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric -

Thanks for responding BUT it is not going to help me...my issue is taking a MAC formatted ipod and transferring the music on it to a PC. The instructions on the docs you gave me links to specifically state that you cannot move a MAC formatted ipod to a PC.

I know there is a way around it because I have heard of people doing it BUT I am just not familiar enough with MACs to figure it out.

Not sure if that clarifies my need but if you can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Lauren

Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

So your ipod is in HFS+ format and you want to convert it to FAT 32 to work with Windows?

From all accounts, AFAIK, it is not an easy process! - There are articles on the internet such as THIS ONE but I would read very carefully before you attempt this.

It may be easier to put a Linux partition your windows machine and use your ipod that way, or maybe someone knows of an easy way to do this.

May I ask why your only alternative is a PC as opposed to a Mac? (Just curious, you don't need to explain of course ;) )

Ric

Reaction score
...another way, you could download the demo of MacDrive and then plug the iPod into the PC...it should see the drive...then copy the files off.

I'm not sure of what 'limits' the demo has, you'll have to have a look !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
...why not wipe your ipods hd to msdos or fat copy all the mp3's to the hrd drive of the ipod ( actually copying it not draggin it in itunes)
copying it form the ipod to the windows machine instla itunes and be doen with it ?

Ask a Question