Mac problems, really need help!Thanks!

Reaction score
I am desperately need help now, I am stressed because too much problems on my financial lately and another problem occured, which is my Mac got error and I am thinking about bring it to service center, but I just in deep financial trouble now and if I have to pay a lot of money for service, maybe I won't eat for week.

Besides, my Mac guarantee already void. Well, sorry for bothering you all with my problems, anyway my Mac problems are a lot, but one of them happened recently because of my stupid action.

Yesterday I tried to install a Flash macromedia so I can go to view Flash supported websites.

I downloaded Flash 8 for Mac OSX from Flash official website and tried to installed it several times but there were always some errors happened that it can't be installed, there is a message appeared that says "Error creating file. 1008:5,-5000 Access denied error" and then "You do not have enough access privileges for this installation".......How can this happen since this is my own personal computer and I know the password etc. but it said I don't have any privileges?strange.

Then, I thought that maybe it because there are some Flash related components inside my Mac, so in order to install the new one you have to delete and get rid of the any related Flash components that inside the Mac then restart and install the new Flash.

Then by using Finder "find" option, I typed the keyword "flash" to find some of Flash related file in my Mac.

I made a big mistake, I deleted some of Flash plug ins files inside of the System/Library/StartupItems folder, that I supposed never edited or deleted or changed for whatsoever the reason is, ever.

But too late, I realized that mistake after I restart my Mac and try to install the Flash again, but still some error messages appeared and failed so many times, I try to look at Help section of the Macromedia Flash website and I know I shouldn't delete the items inside the StartupItems folder.

To make it worse, I am unable to play the streaming media files from a website like www.youtube.com.

Before I deleted the items in StartupItems, eventhough I don't have Flash plug in installed, I could still play it, but after I deleted the flash items in StartupItems I am unable to play it anymore.

Is there any way to repair my Mac and to fix this problems without bringing it to service center?I really need your kind help and I really appreciate it.

About my Mac, I bought it 2 years ago, 1.5 Ghz PowerPC G4, 1Gb DDR SDRAM, OSX 10.3.9, 80Gb capacity, now is 20Gb free space.

I am not really an expert in Mac, I am just using it to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, I am really stressed out now, please please help!

Thanks , God bless you and have a nice day!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

I have edited your post, I have added in some paragraph spacing...sorry but it was to hard to read !!

First thing to do, boot up from the Panther install Disk and then open up Disk Utility and run repair permissions.

Then let us know when you have done that !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question