Mac OSX Tiger

Reaction score
Hi

I'v been away for awhile(studying) and missed out on all the Tiger release/news stuff.

So can the people who have it give me a short review of what it's like compared to Panther.

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Hi Danster...welcome back.

I simply love Tiger. For me:

1. It's faster
2. More stable
3. Spotlight is amazing
4. Dashboard is cool and VERY useful
5. Networking seems much smoother/faster
6. I love RSS in Safari
7. Core Image looks very promising
8. QuickTime 7 and H.264 iare simply stunning
9. iChat has been a let down..haven't been able to video/audio chat since Tiger, but Apple is working on this widespread issue.
10. Automator looks very promising...Ric has been exploring it

In all, it's a very worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers,

C

Reaction score
Cool, I was about to buy it when it came out but my money simply vanished about a day before it it the shelves :p

I'll save up for it starting now.... o wait i need 2 things....and I owe some money.....dam... ok starting next month :D

Ric

Reaction score
Well, Cory sums it up nicely,

Automator will be quite usefull for people who don't want/need to learn Applescript...

...still investigating a few bugs in it at the minute.

Ric

Reaction score
No, if you want to record your actions have a look at Quickeys, I used it years ago, and it's very good.

Automator, is best described here.

As new versions of software come out then hopefully each company will include a few actions of their own to go into Automator, so when the next version of Dreamweaver comes out they may include some actions...

You can write your own...still reading up on that though !

It's like having a nice GUI on the front of Applescript to make life easier for people that don't want/need to learn how to script ! (Although Automator is not Applescript ! Automator can include Applescripts, amongst other types of code.)

Ask a Question