Mac OS X quits unexpectedly

Reaction score
I've had my mac mini for about 4 years and recently started having this problem. Every now and then when I watch any sort of video I get a little warning that tells me I need to restart my computer. It doesn't happen every time I watch video, but every time it does happen I am watching video.

I'm running 10.4.11 and I upgraded my ram a few months ago, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

Would simply upgrading to Snow Leopard solve this (I read somewhere that Tiger is sensitive to ram issues to which Snow Leopard is not), or is there something deeper going wrong that I need to fix? Perhaps something inside the computer isn't seated right?

Sorry if I'm being incredibly vague, but I don't purport to be a computer expert (which is why I'm assuming my problem has something to do with the ram upgrade, as I did it myself). Any help or direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ask a Question