Mac OS X Lion Available in July from Mac App Store

Reaction score
Apple today announced that Mac OS X Lion — the eighth major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system — will be available to customers in July as a download from the Mac App Store for $29.99. OS X Lion offers more than 250 new features, including Multi-Touch gestures; systemwide support for full-screen apps; Mission Control, a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac; Launchpad, a new home for all your apps; and a completely redesigned Mail app.

More...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Apple today announced that Mac OS X Lion — the eighth major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system — will be available to customers in July as a download from the Mac App Store for $29.99

So I can't buy a hard copy from elsewhere? I'm a packaging type of guy and it sounds boring to me ... I don't get the support for full-screen apps thing either ... maybe it's just me ... I thought that large screens were good for watching movies on and when it came to other types of use, like web-surfing or emailing OR hanging out here, then why would you cover up the screen real estate? I'm not a Expose guy either, usually Expose launches accidentally because I didn't realise I was squeezing my mouse ... I'm not convinced that Lion will be better than Snow Leopard ... now Snow Leopard is better than Leopard, that's for sure ... I'm curious to hang back and just observe what is going on out there in computer land when folk move from 10.5/10.6 to 10.7.

Ask a Question