Mac Mail Won't Delete

Reaction score
Whenever I try to clean up my inbox and delete old emails I get the following pop-up:

There was a failure while writing to the disk. The disk may be full. The mailbox will be restored to its state before compaction.

And the same old **** comes back in and is flagged as unread- I've tried dleting older mail as well and get the same thing. The mailbox has been slow for some time, and locks up for minutes on end while displaying a script "writinfg changes to disk" despite there not being any changes.

Running OSX ver 10.2.8 in a G4 powerbook, 867Mhz chip and 256 Mb ram.

Reaction score
Whenever I try to clean up my inbox and delete old emails I get the following pop-up:

There was a failure while writing to the disk. The disk may be full. The mailbox will be restored to its state before compaction.

And the same old **** comes back in and is flagged as unread- I've tried dleting older mail as well and get the same thing. The mailbox has been slow for some time, and locks up for minutes on end while displaying a script "writinfg changes to disk" despite there not being any changes.

Running OSX ver 10.2.8 in a G4 powerbook, 867Mhz chip and 256 Mb ram.
Have you tried deleting the old emails from the net as opposed to on your Mac?

Reaction score
Yup, I use yahoo as a proxy mail server and deleted the emails in question from there, but they keep coming back to the mac mail inbox, then I get the compaction error message- it's got me buggered.

Ask a Question