Mac Mail - Sent Messages not downloaded from server

Reaction score
When I click on a message in my Sent Messages folder, it gives me a message that says, "The message has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it." I have multiple mail accounts and this is only affecting one of the mail accounts. I've tried Apple's support page that tells of different ways of getting around this, however it has not been successful. Apple's site says to move a file called Envelope Index, but I don't see that file in my Mail folder in the Library. :(

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi lostcoast and welcome,

Have a look in:

YourUserAccount -> Library -> Mail

This is where Envelope Index lives.

Reaction score
what has happened and I have run into this problem before, is that the email has been deleted on the web server somehow. So think of it like this you had an alias of the email on your computer and when it got deleted off the web server it will keep telling you to re download it.

to get rid of message you would have to delete all the messages that are like that.
That is how I had to fix one of our computers here

Ask a Question