Mac "Mail" Application problem with attachments

Reaction score
Help!

When I send an e-mail with an attachment in "Mail" (version 2.1), one of my recipients (on a PC) doesn't receive it correctly. Sometimes, depending on where in the text e-mail I attach the file (ex. in the middle of a paragraph, etc...) she gets the first part of the text as a regular text e-mail. Then she gets 2 attachments. One attachment is the actual image attachment that I meant to send and the other is strangely the rest of the paragraph text. Why is this happening? To temporarily resolve this, I have been attaching the attachment at the very end of the text e-mail so that the e-mail looks normal on her end.

Then I have another recipient who sometimes does and sometimes doesn't get my e-mail attachments, but the text is fine for her. I send "Windows-Friendly Attachments" when I send them (with the little check box). Also, I'm only sending her either ".pdf" files (which she can seem to always get), or ".jpg" files which she can't seem to open. She gets this message: "Huffman symbol not found in JPEG read." And as for ".zip" files, she doesn't even get those at all.

Is there anything I can do about this? I've looked everwhere on the internet for info. Is there any help out there?

Thanks!!!!!
-Jola

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

a quick test for you...

Create a new blank message and go to the menu bar

Format-->Make Plain Text

Then type in your message and add attachments as you would normally...

Give that a go first.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks Ric!

I'll give this a try. I don't think I will hear back from these particular people for a couple days at this point, so I will get back to you.

Thanks!
-Jola

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

no problem.

You can also change the default preferences, if you want...

plain-text-email.jpg

Could the missing attachments be down to their over zealous virus detection stripping the attachments off them ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question