Lost keyboard and mouse operation?????

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and in desperate need of help. My nephew was installing a PC for me so that I could use a flight simulator. We were using the mouse (Kinsington) from my Mac G4 Cube. Old, but very reliable. I have OSX 10.4 installed.
He unplugged the mouse from the PC and plugged it back into the Mac. Apparently it did not wake up soon enough for him and he began hitting buttons. I asked him what he hit and he said that his did not remember for sure but though it was the "option", "apple", and curser. I wasn't around so I don't know. The computer woke up but now the keyboard and mouse doesn't respond.
I am only able to get on this forum because I am using the e-drive from Techtool Pro 4 which allowed me access Safari. When I am on the main desktop I can't use the keyboard or mouse. I was able to access the e-drive by holding down the "option" key while restarting and then restarting the e-drive for Techtool Pro.
I was able to access my ISP provider from Safari to check my email and log on to this site. I wuld be forever grateful to anyone that can help. I changed all the connections to assure that everything was working, disconnected the hub, printer, scanner and everything else but mouse and keyboard. They work in e-drive but not on the regular OS. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks, Ed

Reaction score
Hi hurst01,
reinstalling OSX 10.4 again will fix the mouse and keyboard driver issue you have .

Perhaps you should ask your nephew to do the reinstall as punishment for nuking your Mac :)

Steve.

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

That is what I am figuring. My son bout a multi-license for the 10.4 and he must have taken it back home with him because I can't find it. He lives 5 hours away. It was giving me absolute fits trying to start up. Every time I tried it would act like it was starting and then totally shut down my mac. Finally at wits end I happened to remember that I had partitioned my HD and had OS 9 on the other partition. I got on OS 9 and went to controls-startup disk and restarted it in OS X. It is currently working but is acting funny. I can start scrolling with the mouse and it suddenly stops scrolling.
My nephew "built" a PC for me so that I could use a Flight Simulator. I really don't understand why Apple doesn't have programs that will work on things like that. I have tried using the PC and it is rediculously hard compared to my Mac. It has a pop-up window and asks if you want to continue on EVERY page. You have to click that you want to go, otherwise it won't. Why anyone would prefer a PC over a Mac is beyond me. If my Mac would run the simulator I wouldn't have a PC.
Thanks for the information. You have confirmed my suspicions.

Ed

Ask a Question