Logic pro slow operations

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post here. I have been scouring google to find a solution, but have come up empty.

I am running Logic pro 8 under Snow leopard. Both are fully updated. There are 2 main issues that are affecting performance. Projects that have audio files already in them load extremely slow. I open logic, and after it finishes loading, the hard drive seems to hang. It takes almost a full minute before it loads the audio files, and opens the project. New projects load instantly.

Changing the buffer or input source settings in the Logic audio preferences. After I press Apply, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, then the initializing core audio window appears, after this window is gone, the system hangs again for about 30 seconds or so.

I have been doing a lot of work on my computer lately from tips found online. My machine was painfully slow. I have dealt with duplicate fonts in fontbook, deleted various preference files for logic and others in both user and HD libraries, PRAM has been zapped, safe boot has been done, and Onyx has been run. I now have a much faster machine in general except for the issues listed above.

I read something about deleting the core audio prefs from the system folder, but I am guessing I need to boot off of the DVD in order to delete system prefs. My back up drives were stolen recently, so I am cruising without one right now. I am going to replace it ASAP, but I would really like to return my machine to its former glory!

Thanks for all the help!

Mac os X 10.6.2, 15" Macbook pro 2.0ghz intel core duo, 2 gigs RAM

Ask a Question