Language difficulties..

Reaction score
i am totaly new to macs, and so have no clue what im doing...

i bought my laptop in japan, being a japanese language student, assuming it would be easier to type on...

i have all my settings in english, but i want to type my essays and to my friends in japanese. for the first two weeks i was able to do this, but only by - clicking in the box or document i wanted to type in, choosing the japanese kana pallete from the menu and select some japanese characters from there first - then i was able to type in japanese. However, i have suddenly become unable to do even this - and that method is not the most convient...

on windows there are two input methods - typing out the syllables with english characters and thnen changing them on screen to the japanese, or use the keys on the keyboard directly that have the characters written on. i have so far been unable to do the latter, and now i cant even do the former...

any ideas? an kind of help would be appreciated ^_^

Reaction score
Try this. Go to Apple > System Preferences > International > Input Menu. You'll see an entry for Japanese Kana Palette. Put a check mark there and see if it'll work.

Ask a Question