Keynote 9 : I simply cannot find a workaround

Reaction score
Friends,

I have tried every possible variation I can think of, but I simply cannot get "magic move" to work correctly in APPLE KEYNOTE 9.0

No matter what I do, it MESSES up when I export to video (it does this like 65% of the time).

See how it messes up? ( see 0:18 )

I have tried different kinds of graphics, masking, cutting and pasting, NOT cutting and pasting, duplicating slides, NOT duplicating slides, grouping the other objects, NOT grouping the other objects, using PDF's, using JPEG, using different transition speed, using PNG, etc. etc. NOTHING WORKS!

Why does it work SOMETIMES, but not always?

Is there anywhere I can go to get help help with Apple iWork Keynote 9.0 ?

Reaction score
"it MESSES up" I'm not sure what you are expecting, that is a very broad complaint.

We will help if we can.

Contact your local Apple Reseller, they often run classes or have one to one training. I suspect it is the Export settings you are choosing, that a common place people MESSES up.

Reaction score
Here is the way it is supposed to be:

at 0:16 and 0:37

That is the way it is supposed to be. It is supposed to scroll STRAIGHT up and down.

Not sideways and crazy——I have no idea why it keeps randomly doing that upon export to video.

THANKS for any help you can give!

Reaction score
As a work around try PUSH, Bottom to Top and make a slide for each page.

Reaction score
Push scrolls STRAIGHT up and down.

Just drag your content into each page and aline it show the needed section.

I did a test here and it did just what you trying to do, scroll down a large document, page by page.

Reaction score
This is a serious bug. No matter what I do, it's killing me. PUSH does not function the same way at all. Magic move tracked the object in motion. Help!

Reaction score
tracked the object in motion
I'm sorry but I don't understand that statement.

I'm not saying you haven't found a bug, if you have we can't do anything about it, you'll need to tell Apple. There is a option under the Keynote Menu to provide feedback.

but I've made a test for you to see if push can't work as a workaround.
testMovie

Reaction score
Kaveman, your movie looks BEAUTIFUL. It is exactly what I want to do.

Let me make a movie using PUSH, and you will see that I am doing something horribly wrong.

Reaction score
WOW, I tried again and this time it worked!

I am so grateful to you!

However, the one sad thing is that using PUSH will not allow me to have the little "footers" I like to include the entire video

Reaction score
You are right each slide, slides up so no Footers from Keynote using push.

But you could add them to your movie in iMovie;-)

Ask a Question