Keyboard problem

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum...
I have a very old imac os 9.1 that I let my daughter use for her homework (she's 11). While on MS Word, she hit some keys (she claims she doesn't know which) in the upper right hand corner (maybe delete, F12, F11) and now the keyboard is not functioning at all. I've tried other software programs and the keyboard is dead. I did notice the num lock light is on and I cannot recitify that, either. I've been searching for troubleshooting ideas online, but nothing for this specific problem. She as used this computer for 4 yearsl This is the first major problem where she has stumped me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off the computer, then unplugging the keyboard, then restart the system without the keyboard, let it load, shut the system down, then re plug the keyboard in.

Reaction score
My daughter and I both thank you, kindly. It worked!! You are a genius, Kyomii. Now she can finsih her homework ;)

Reaction score
No problem :) Just glad it worked and your daughter is able to finish her important homework :)

Ask a Question