Just ordered an Intel iMac!

Reaction score
... Should be here within a week :) It's the 20inch 2ghz dual core and it will have a 500gb hard drive, 2gb ram and a 256mb graphics card, so that's why I'm having to wait a bit longer.

Just wondered if anyone else has invested in one of the Intel Macs and if so what they think of it?

I will post my comments on here once I get it and have a play :)

Reaction score
I'm still using my eMac but I'm planning on getting a Imac Intel in the near future. I'll be looking forward for your comments on the new Imac.
Should help me make a wise move.

Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase! :)

I was going to get one but decided there is still plenty of life left in my 1.6 Rev A iMac G5 yet that I have had about 16 months.

Enjoy it :)

Reaction score
Thank you :)

Will post as soon as I've had a fiddle with it. Can't wait to experiment with iPhoto and GarageBand... :D

Ric

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Still trying to justify buying one myself !

You'll have some fun with PhotoBooth...works with the in built iSight camera !

Front Row is very funky too ! I have both on my PowerBook !

...may just have to get one...purely for research purchases !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yeah PhotoBooth looks a laugh :)

They have a Mac in my local PCWorld and lots of people have left their pictures on there using it.

Thing that bugs me about PCWorld is that they are selling these Macs but they don't have a clue about them. I don't know if that is a universal PCWorld thing or just my local one, but they are numbnuts. :mad:

I bought an iBook G3 in 2002 and I was asking the bloke, who I was told knew the most about Apples a question, and he asked me "what do you want a mac for?" :rolleyes: Anyone else found PCworld workers fools?

Suffice to say I didn't order one from there, got it from Apple website at Education price (I'm a student) :D

Ric

Reaction score
I have three PC World's in my local (drive-able) area...

...and there's only 'one' Apple knowledgeable guy in all the shops !

They are still selling the PowerPC ones in our 'PC Worlds', with no mention of the Intel ones...presumably they are trying to get rid of their stock !

I would definitely say it is a Uk wide problem...

But you have to blame the PC World Managers/owners for not 'training their staff on how/what Mac's are...not necessarily the staff's fault...but then again there would be no harm in a few of them 'learning' about the products they are selling in their own time !

I keep meaning to have a few business cards printed with nothing but

www.mac-help.com

printed in the middle and leave a few on some of the keyboards in PC World...on the Macs of course...just in case any of there customers need any !

;-)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
That's a good idea :)

Glad it's not just my local PCWorld :D

It is true that the fault lies with the managers. They should send their staff on a Mac Training course or something. I don't think it's right that they are in the position to sell a product to members of the public when they don't know anything about what they are selling!

Oh well! :D

Ask a Question