Jailbroken iPod 2G won't work with iTunes

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G jailbroken with Redsn0w that I installed because of restoration issues. After the jailbreak process, in which the software was successfully installed on my iPod, the screen now alternates between the Apple screen and a black screen and it will not show up on iTunes as a device. I have restarted my computer, installed the newest version of iTunes, unplugged the device, everything! All I wanted was to get iOs 5 on my iPod and now I have all these troubles.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, because jailbreaking iOS devices is not supported by Apple and voids the warranty, you may be out of luck. Jailbreaking has been known to "brick" iOS devices and it seems that is what you are experiencing.

The only advice I can give you is to search for your issue on their website and/or Google to see if others have had the same result.

C

Ask a Question