iTunes unexpectedly quit

Reaction score
My iTunes recently began quiting unexpectedly. It only happens when I do certain things, such as playing a certain podcast, viewing album artwork, or trying to put music on an iPod. Please help.

Macbook
Mac OSX 10.4.10
2.16 GHz
1 GB

Reaction score
According to Apple, occasionally the user permissions associated with files or applications become damaged, which can prevent a file or application from working as it should. See this article. So, you might want to try to run Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Open the application, select the mounted volume for your hard drive and click "repair disk permissions."

Reaction score
I followed the repair disk permissions directions, but as soon as I opened iTunes and clicked show album artwork it quit again. Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
You're welcome. Are all your iTunes files inside the appropriate folder? For example, when you click on the Music icon on a Finder window, do you see iTunes and inside it iTunes Library as well as a couple of folders (Album Artwork and iTunes Music)?

Reaction score
Yes, inside my music folder are: Album Artwork, iTunes Library, iTunes Music, Previous iTunes Libraries, two temp files, and the file iTunes Music Library.xml.

Ask a Question