iTunes in XP

Reaction score
:eek:

Hi all - newbie (from New Zealand) to forum so be gentle.
Long term mac user and devout.
However, I also use iTunes on a PC desktop i keep (just to use up the spare diesel I have in the garage), which has about 10 gigs of choons on it. In the last few weeks it has developed a grem-lin. About 11 and 13 seconds in on every track it has two brief 'drop-outs' (four all together).

Any suggestions?

Win XP, 80gig HD, latest iTunes for windoze, Athlon 1.5gig, 800+ meg ram. No other problems apparent.

Suggestions?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

sorry for the delay in replying !!

On the Windows machine, has any thing changed recently ?

XP updates etc ?

What other software is running at the same time ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Well Hello Dares and all that, you luverly mac doods and doodesses. I seem to have found the problem. Tracked through the system performance facility (ctrl - alt-del) and found that the drop out correspondent with huge (100%) 'spikes' in cpu usage. Further investigation - it was a component of an antivirus program - avast - which was causing the problem. Had the a/v programme on the comp before problem arose so i am a little suspicious that i may have a virussy grem-lin. Avast is out and AVG free is downloading as i type. Will 'ave a 'butchers.

FYI.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

sorry we missed this one !

Glad you are getting there.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question