internet help

Reaction score
im am new to the mac world, i just got a g4 os9.2 and am lookin to get on the net but cant figure out how. i tried loading a disc for my d-link reciever but it wont take. any help is apprecieated if you need more info just let me know and i will supply you with what i know. thanks

Reaction score
I take it you are using a wireless network? Your mac will need to have an AirPort card compatible with your machine (or other wireless network card/USB stick, I'm not sure which others work though) for that to work. And the CD you've got is probably Windows-only (they tend to be that, at least). Other than that, I don't know much about wireless networking under Mac OS 9, as my only wireless capable Mac runs OS X 10.4.

If you use a cable to connect it though, it really should mostly be plug and play, just make sure the TCP/IP control panel settings are set to"Connect via: [Ethernet]" and "Configure: [using DHCP]".

Reaction score
thanks, ill probablly try that, using an ethernet cord, probably be alot less hassle. thanks again

Ask a Question