Internet connection help!

Reaction score
I'm running os x version 10.4.10 on a MacBook2,1, and even before i updated the os I've been having some severe problems with my wireless internet. i have a belkin wireless router and every few min, my internet locks up and i loose all functionality. i can correct this problem but going to internet connect and running diagnostics, but, having to do that is incredibly obnoxious. no software is affected and everything works fine, just no connection to the internet. my roommate has a PC laptop and has no problems with the wireless. I'm relatively new to mac's, is there something I'm missing somewhere, or is this a legitimate problem?

Reaction score
If you are running DHCP where your computer is getting its IP address off the router. I have seen and it is worth a try..The router has DHCP renew feature and if it is set really low you may notice and you can just go in to the router and up the time to the max..

It might fix the problem

Reaction score
no, i use a local cable company, but i don't know who they go through. i changed the lease time and am still having problems. the problem corrects when i run diagnostics on my connection, but nothing i can do will make whatever settings are changed stick.

Ask a Question