Internal Clock Battery for iMac

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone know a supplier for the above?

I bought a pair of iMacs off ebay for my boyfriend (who is very pleased with them) - see thread about iMac not switching on in hardware forum.

Now he reckons we need a couple of batteries for them. Only we don't know which ones we want or where to get them.

There are two versions on ebay #8744048472 (PowerMac iMac PRAM Clock Battery 3.6V **NEW*) and #8744633816 (Apple Mac Performa NEW 4.5V RAYOVAC CMOS Clock Battery). Or do we need something completely different?

The symptoms are having to reset the time, date, etc settings every time we switch on.

:)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

In the UK I would just take the Battery to Maplin's if you are able to...they normally are very good at identifying replacement parts, and if they haven't got it then they'll order it for you. I have managed to track down the Apple Part number but that doesn't help any...

You have to be careful to get the right 'physical' size as well as volts and amps...that's why it's probably best to whip out the old battery first.

The ebay item #8744048472 looks okay(but I would still have a look at the one inside your iMac), and the chap selling them says you can email him to check, so that may be worth while doing...the second ebay item is definitely 'not' the right one.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
No problem, that's what we're here for !

I'll have a look later to see if I can find the Service Manual for your model iMac's, from memory they're not to nice to take apart !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question