Installing HP Deskjet 3320

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble installing this printer. I have Mac OS X Tiger, and I downloaded the drivers from hp.com. I went through the driver installation. What am I supposed to do next? When I go to add a printer under Printer Setup Utility the Deskjet 3320 does not show up in the list (which it seems would mean the drivers weren't successfully installed on my computer). Also, what are you supposed to put in the field for "Address:" and "Queue:"? I don't know where any of this info is supposed to come from.

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble installing this printer. I have Mac OS X Tiger, and I downloaded the drivers from hp.com. I went through the driver installation. What am I supposed to do next? When I go to add a printer under Printer Setup Utility the Deskjet 3320 does not show up in the list (which it seems would mean the drivers weren't successfully installed on my computer). Also, what are you supposed to put in the field for "Address:" and "Queue:"? I don't know where any of this info is supposed to come from.

Hi supamundane :) Please try the following:

1. Make sure the printer is connected to your computer, plugged in, and turned on.

2. Choose Show Printer List from the View menu. The Printer List window appears.

3. Click the Add Printer button.

4. Choose USB from the first pop-up menu.

5. Select your printer from the list.

6. Click Add.

7. Close the Printer List window.

Reaction score
I can't open Printer Window List under 'View'. Printer Window List appears as gray because there are no printers installed yet.

Reaction score
Hello Supamundane!

It sounds like to me your HP drivers that you installed are interfering with the hp drivers that already come on your Mac. This happened to me when I tried installing our wireless HP Photosmart 3310 at my house. I had to email HP about my problem and they gave me a really lengthy procedure on how to stop the conflicts. I remember it involved deleting a lot of "com.apple.X.plst" files and a whole lot more! I don't have that email any more I don't believe. I will do some checking on my G4 and see if I still have it. You may need to email HP since we are talking about different printers here; but at least you can have some idea of what the procedure entails.

***UPDATE*** Ok, I have found the email! I backed it up!! I will attach it. REMEMBER, this is for a different printer and I needed it to be wirelessly connected. So I recommend you email HP about your printer specifically. Does anyone have anything to add?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

it certainly sounds like a conflict, the printer should have worked had you just plugged it in. Tiger comes with lots of printer drivers preloaded.

According to the link above version 2.7.1 should have already loaded. What version have you loaded from the website ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question