installation help needed

Reaction score
osx installation help needed hello to you
i have never seen a mac laptop until a few days ago. i picked one up at my local refuse dump. the bad bits are it has broken hinges and a damaged but working screen. it has 1.5 inch black section in top left corner but ok apart from that i attached a universal power supply and it boots up to apple screen and then to the previous owners name and then asks for password which i do not have. i then bought an original set of OS X installation disks hopeing to wipe the 60gb hdd and reinstall fresh operating system
i put in first installation disk into thin optical drive slot and booted up,
it does nothing other than spin up the disk. i now cannot get the disk out it is disk 1 of 2 even when i press f12 eject button i think
i then looked for help in the small booklet that came with disks for installation help and tried holding down C KEY WHILE RESTARTING AND THEN TRIED HOLDING DOWN MOUSE BUTTON AS SUGGESTED BUT NO LUCK IN ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN IT JUST BOOTS TO PRE OWNERS NAME AND PASSWORD BOX. opps sorry about capitals. i need some help and advice to[A] remove disk somehow and reintall the operating system somehow then if this is done can look for a second hand lid and an original charger
i have had a new imported tablet pc from usa for a few years and can quite happily take a laptop apart and put back together again but macs are something new and i need some help and advice.

the only spec i know is model number A1025 15.2" screen, 512mb mem i think. 60.00 hdd not sure about processor size. optical drive.
model number is UJ-815-C which i believe is a dvd /cd/rw drive or superdrive i think it is known as.
thankyou for reading i hope someone can advise me.

added approx 1 hour after original post above
just checking things over and found i have just bought the wrong installation disks the new disks i bought are for a macbook and will not work with my powerbook . i still need information on a way to extract the cd stuck in superdrive if anyone can help my fault should have taken more care but can maybe sell on and replace with correct disks
regards to all pipjack

Reaction score
hello LightGear
thankyou for your reply i found it very helpfull just to update my first post i have now sorced a second hand screen which should arrive shortly and then when i find replacement hinges at a price i can afford some places are asking 50.00 each side which i cannot afford at present i now have the password and have taken the dvd/rw apart and removed the cd from it which was stuck. the hdd has a ot of things on it includeing 2.5 gig of good music files. which i would like to transferr to my flash pen if i new how to drag and drop the whole thing onto the pen. the dvd now seems to accept and play files ok and even ecected ok so i am slowly getting things together but would like any help that can be given thanks again

Reaction score
this may sound crazy but you can find all sorts of parts for cheap on Ebay.
You might be able to find what you need there.

Reaction score
hello
yes thats where a lot of my parts come from just got an lcd panel not arrived yet cost 42.00 but worth it as my screen works ok but has damaged piece about 1.5 inches in top left corner which creates a small problem. i have heard that the screens are glued together so hope its not to difficult to replace the lcd panels. if anyone knows of a tutorial to replace lcd panel or tips on doing the job without causeing casing damage please feel free to let me know
thanks again

Ask a Question