In need of OS 9

Reaction score
Hey guys, i hope you can help me out. I recently got a game that needs OS 9 installed to run in the classic mode on my G5 / OSX machine. I don't have a copy. Is it available for download somewhere, or do i have to buy a copy, and if so, were could i still get one?

thanks!
Valentine

edit: never mind, in my search i just learned OS 9.2 is included on the OSX installer disk 2. (No, i do not feel very smart right now!)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

I'm glad you found it !

Let us know if you need any more help.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
in fact, yes. Okay, so far i have classic up and running and the game - Master of Orion 2 - installed and more or less working. However, the graphics are funky. I'm not sure how to fix this, if it can be fixed at all. So suggestions are welcome!

Reaction score
I doubt it can really be fixed, seeing how the game is from 1997 and isn't made to run on modern systems.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi all,

maybe if you post a screen grab of the 'funkiness' it may help us to see whats happening...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
here are a couple of screen grabs
http://www.masquerade-info.demon.nl/mac-help/

the good ones is what i get when starting the game, but it quickly changes in the bad ones.

Unless the issue is interesting to solve, don't spend to much time on it. I arranged to borrow an old mac from a friend of mine to play the game. That aside, thanks!

Reaction score
Change the color depth to thousands og 256 and let us know if that solved the problem.

Ask a Question