IMAP in iP Mail Shows OLD Messages???!

Reaction score
Hello all

Actually this is specifically in reference to an iPod Touch, but it's all the same, right?

I just set mine up, and all appears to be working well with my IMAP setup between the iPod and Apple Mail on my MBP (Gmail account, I should point out). HOWEVER, riddle me this: why oh why does the iPod's Mail app seem to pick up messages from the middle of 2007 to display as my inbox messages?

New messages since migration come through, as expected, at the top. But emails sent to me over the past week are missing from the inbox. I'm not too familiar with IMAP, but had assumed that my Apple Mail inbox chronology ought to be consistent with the server and other clients. It's all correct on webmail, but not on the iPod I've tried synchronizing my IMAP account to take care of any inconsistencies. But to no avail.

I'm aware that tapping on "Load More" will, umm, load more messages, but my woefully large inbox will take years to display at that rate. Is there any way of ensureing that ONLY newest emails are displayed? I know I ought to houseclean, but having an inbox of messages from a year ago is pretty useless.

Any light shed would be really appreciated.

J

Ask a Question