Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version: 1.20f4
Serial Number: W8745876X86

I have kept it current, but have experienced performance issues in the past months and decided to reload the OS using the two gray disks that came with it. I don't store any permanent files on it, so no concerns about history!
After the reload completed, I had it look for and then update to the available version. It said 11 updates are available, and proceeded to installed all but the last one, which was OS 10.4.11. I tried several times to update to 10.4.11, but kept getting the installer failed and was "sent to the trash" message.

I then tried running the app's which came with it and were reinstalled. I found email will not launch, imovie quits unexpectably, iphoto will not launch. Safari will open and works at times, but times out periodically with the colored pinwheel and the monitor says not responding.

Not sure what to do with this heavy piece of equipment at this point. Pretty useless as is and I don't have money for support.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ask a Question