imac question mark pn startup

Reaction score
Hey
My Imac G4 recently started acting funny. When I come back to it
from sleep, the mouse will work but I won't be able to do anything with it, no shut down or use of programs, etc. then when i do a hard shut down and reboot, i get a flash question mark and folder face. i held option down and managed to boot and am now finishing up backing up all my files to my external hard drive. my question is what do i do from here, should I reset my hard drive or something? any help would be Appreciated. thanks.

Reaction score
Hey
My Imac G4 recently started acting funny. When I come back to it
from sleep, the mouse will work but I won't be able to do anything with it, no shut down or use of programs, etc. then when i do a hard shut down and reboot, i get a flash question mark and folder face. i held option down and managed to boot and am now finishing up backing up all my files to my external hard drive. my question is what do i do from here, should I reset my hard drive or something? any help would be Appreciated. thanks.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58042

Ask a Question