iMac G5 internal speakers

Reaction score
The internal speakers of my iMac G5 17" (without iSight) is not working. I used an external speaker with the Mac so far. But now when I have to give away the speaker to my younger brother, I am only left with the built-in ones.

I also reset PRAM to make it work. No chance! It's only more than a year old. And I used the internal speaker for the first 6 months after buying. I don't understand how can it be broken so early? Any thoughts?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

have you tried booting from your install CD / DVD if so does the sound re-appear ?

If it does then somewhere on your Mac the settings are incorrect...

Try this first to see if it is a hardware problem or software...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I tried from installer disc. No luck! Then I ran the Hardware test from the DVD just to make sure all the other parts working well. They're in pretty good condition. Then I again did reset-nvram, reset-all from the open firmwire. Still no sound from the internal speaker. I can't tell you that external speaker will work. But I am pretty sure they'll work as I tested it last week. So, it concludes my speaker (internal) has died. R.I.P. !!!

I need to buy external one.

Ask a Question