ichat AV 2 "camera in use" issue OS 10.3.9

Reaction score
Hello all, I am in need of assistance. I just upgraded to 10.3.9 from 10.2.8 to use ichat AV. Before upgrading I could use my FW camera for Yahoo Messenger. Now I can't use the camera in iChat (never tried before upgrade) or Yahoo. It says that "the camera is in use by another app". Can anyone help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Does it say this even after a restart? Have you tried repairing disk permissions using Disk Utility then restarting?

Reaction score
BTW I am running a 933 G4 and using a thin apple brand dv cable with a Panasonic mini DV camera. Obviously iChat is seeing my camera, as when I start up with the camera off, I do not see a camera icon in the top corner. When the camera is on the icon shows up. Please help.:confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there kelleyhc,

Do you still have Yahoo messenger running ?

Maybe that is the App that is still 'using' the camera ?

Go to the Applications folder--> utilities and open an Application called Activity Monitor from there you can see what Apps are open...you can also use Activity Monitor to quit each App in turn until you find the one that is 'using' the camera...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric,

I ran the activity monitor and nothing I could see was doing it. Here is a screen grab of the monitor. I am realy at my wits end, as I was a MAc whiz and this is crushing my groove.

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 343

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

thanks for the Pic...don't get to down, I'm sure you'll get your groove back ;-)

Was that just 'your' processes ?

have you had a look at 'all processes to see if there is anything that is running in the background that may be hogging the camera ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question