iBook G4 Booting Problem NEWBIE NEEDS URGENT HELP !!!

Reaction score
Hi All,

On Monday I purchased an iBook G4 (PowerPC) 1.33GHz & 768MB DDR Ram from a friend of mine who I work with.

I have seen it running and have used it previously at my friends house prior to purchasing it - where it was running Tiger and always ok.

My friend told me he had installed a new 80 B harddrive and installed Tiger on it as the harddrive that was originally init was 250Gb and he had put that into his other iBook.

So I`ve used it for a day yesterday then when I switched it on today it won`t boot.

It starts up Apple light on lid comes on, it chimes then it goes to the grey screen and the sandtimer of whatever its called come on and thats it!

I called him and he said it shouldn`t happen as the HD is new and hes confused as to why this would happen. He is coming over to see me on Friday to have a look at it.

I`m new to MACs and this has not put me off as I know that if the MAC chimes then its not all that bad - is it?

So any help please as I want to get this sorted without having to pay a trip to my local APPLE Store.

Oh does the fact that the version of Tiger OS X he installed was not the one shipped with the iBook or a retail install version but a bit torrent copy?

Thanks in advance,

Ade

Ask a Question