I would like to play some PC games

Ric

Reaction score
Hi xiaan,

unfortunately if the game that you want to play is 'only' available on the PC then I'm afraid to say you will either have to email the company that makes it, to see if they will bring it out on the Mac, or buy a PC...

There are products such as "Virtual PC" that allow you to run Windows on your Mac but they won't be fast enough for most modern games...

When the new Mac's come out next year, there's a possibility that you will be able to 'dual boot'...if you partition your drive, you would be able to put XP on one partition and OS X on the other partition, then you will be able to turn your Mac into a real PC, should you need to ! Not that that helps you any ;-)

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
The fact the Age of Empires II was ported to the Mac as was most of Ensemble Studios games then you may be in luck !

Just a question of wait and see !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I hope they do that. I have aoe 2 for mac. I think there's a way to install windows on a intel mac.

Ric

Reaction score
The new Intel Macs will be able to run Windows, so you'll be able to dual boot and play/use Windows software.

The current version of Windows doesn't support the new Mac Motherboard, but I'm sure in the next version of Microsoft it will...

regard

Ric

Reaction score
Just to clarify about virtual PC - this will not run any 3D games whatsoever because it does not support 3D - only 2D.

Reaction score
Kyomii said:
Just to clarify about virtual PC - this will not run any 3D games whatsoever because it does not support 3D - only 2D.

and even then you need a G5 at least to let xp run at satisfactionary speed
on my 1ghz G4 it emulates a p2 400 mhz
xp runs but thats about it
95 98 and even 2k run a lot better
if you absolutley have to play pc game son the mac load it up with win 98 se and play older games that should work

otherwise look in to a console

Reaction score
That would be sweet to have windows on your mac. All the things that work with windows in the nice good looking mac. Maybe someone will make a program where you can run windows on the mac system without having to reboot. Like virtual pc only it can really do stuff.

Reaction score
A company called MacPlay (www.macplay.com) is converting Windows games for Mac OS X. You can find plenty of titles, even old ones, there. Example: FallOut 1 and 2, an addicive rpg first published for PC back in 1997-ish.

cheers, v

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there D !

Yes I had noticed the new 'boot camp' software a couple of days ago, it looks very good !

I'm not sure how it will affect the Mac Games market...

For Mac users to play PC games they will need to 'buy' a copy of XP...

XP unlike OS X requires a validation key when being installed...so it's less likely that Mac users will obtain a dodgy copy...

So therefore, to play PC games on the Mac...initially there would be quite a big outlay...this may mean that the Mac game market will continue ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
and this version of boot camp is stil beta i wouldnt and dont trust it until its an actual feature in leopard
when leopard ships then i might buy a intel mac

and a dodgy version is not that hard to get there are pro versions of win xp circulating aroudn that dont need to be activated
and OEM version generally dont need activation either ( as long as you instal themon the system they came with otherwise they nag )

and even then it is possible to crack the system ( how you do that however is up to you )

for me it wont mean much i dont plag pc or mac games apart from dungeon siege and the sims

and if this means more machiens sold for appel mor market share andmore potentinal switchers then its a smal price to pay

Ask a Question