I think I've done a bad thing......

Reaction score
I've had a problem with "broken pipe" when loading new software.
However, I found a solution which involved using the "disk utility" and restoring the dmg files of new software on the hard drive.
Has worked fine in the past but, it's late at night, I luckily have adobe flash CS3 and was trying to so the same thing but actually restored the whole of CS3
onto the mac HD instead of just the dmg file.

Now, everytime I open the Macintosh HD icon, the nice menu of various stuff in the left hand column has gone.......the whole column has gone.....what's happened...and can I get it back?

Sorry, I'm running Mac OS 10.4.10 on an iMac 2 GHz Core 2 Duo

Reaction score
I've had a problem with "broken pipe" when loading new software.
However, I found a solution which involved using the "disk utility" and restoring the dmg files of new software on the hard drive.
Has worked fine in the past but, it's late at night, I luckily have adobe flash CS3 and was trying to so the same thing but actually restored the whole of CS3
onto the mac HD instead of just the dmg file.

Now, everytime I open the Macintosh HD icon, the nice menu of various stuff in the left hand column has gone.......the whole column has gone.....what's happened...and can I get it back?

Sorry, I'm running Mac OS 10.4.10 on an iMac 2 GHz Core 2 Duo
Is everthing checked off in your Finder-Preferences-Sidebar?
See Attachment. :)

Attachments

• Finder-Preferences-Sidebar.jpg
    Finder-Preferences-Sidebar.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 281

Ask a Question