I screwed up my user list, and can't log in to the user I want

Reaction score
I know I've done something wrong. I can't quite pinpoint what it is, and I have even less chance of solving it.

I am the one and only user of my iBook, and I'd logged myself in, registered, whatever as a system administrator. Fine, sweet, no worries.

Until last night, slightly tipsy, and extremely sleepy, I tried changing some icons and user names.

I went to log in today, used my usual name and password, but ended up at a completely different desktop!!!!! In Finder, I can go to the users folder, and see the user that I want to be, but it's not an option in the login screen at startup.

I think that what I did wrong, revolves around my desire to replace that ugly little house icon in the finder window. Because the icon and name that I replaced it with, is now the icon and name of the user I can't log into!! And under my bog-standard login, is that ugly ugly little house icon, and an empty feeling screen.

Any ideas? I'm going to keep on playing, see if I can make it all better. But please, if anyone knows what I've done, could you help?

Reaction score
Okay, there's a lot to be said for playing around, andd for religiously combing through the apple website. Problem all gone away now!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

glad you got it fixed !

Sorry we were sleeping on this side of the world... ;-)

We're normally quite responsive !!!

regards

Ric

Ask a Question