I restarted and software is crashing

Reaction score
My iMac was running very slowly - and getting slower. It wouldn't let me cut and paste into e-mails. It wouldn't let me drag photos or drag anyfiles from mail or from iphoto to folders. And real, real, slow.
So, I put everything neatly away and shut down. When I restarted I held down the apple and the period key because I'm insane and remembered that that cleared things up for me once in 1987. . . .

Now CS2 is crashing and I can't open it. Existing files or from the app. Quark existing file opened and printed on my Cannon 1990, but my hp laser jet 1200 isn't working. And most recently, even opening Quark when I try to print it closes down.

I can drag stuff, cut and paste again into e-mail and everything is normal fast now. I tried to re-install CS2and I couldn't and I tried to uninstall, but thought better of it. Any suggestions or clues as to what I really did and need to do?

thanks.

Reaction score
I would reinstall CS2 - you have to delete everything first, though. I've done it a couple of times - no biggie.

Also, check in your Applications > Utilities and launch Disk Utility to repair your permissions. I also can recommend Cache Out X to clean things up.

Good luck!

Ask a Question