How to use the Group Mailer in Automator...

Ric

Reaction score
This is one for Apple Discussions...

It's not as intuitive as you might think, below is the workflow that was created in the movie...

regards

Ric

Attachments

• Group emailer.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,174
Reaction score
I noticed the group mailer can get the names of the recipients to use for the salutation. Is there any way of getting other info from their Address Book entry and automatically inserting it in a mail message (i.e. some kind of mail merge functionality)?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi,

what 'fields' do you require to be inserted ? It may be more of an AppleScript job ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Was looking to put the name of their company somewhere in the text. Sounds like there may not be an easy way to do that.

On a side note, does anyone have suggestions for where to look for a good introduction to writing applescript? :) I have some basic shell and perl scripting experience.

Ric

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can anyone advise how you would add an attachment to a group mail?

I can make a group mail but as soon as I add something like attachments it wont run.

Reaction score
Hello Ric,

I tried your Automator scrip, and I'm having a funny problem that I haven't found a solution to anywhere in my searches. The script does run when I press play, however each new email created copies less of the original message than the one preceeding it.

For example if the original message reads "this is being sent by my computer..."
the next one reads "ing sent by my computer..."
and the next "my computer..."

This continues until all thats left is the salutation. I am at a total loss, especially since it seems nobody else is having this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

Ask a Question