how to make startup OSX disk

Reaction score
hi all
Is there any one know how to make the OSX startup disk?
I have OSX 10.3 3 CDs .. I like to put them on a DVD with 10.3.8 update .. I will run it manualy .. but the problem I don't know how to make it as startup disk (should run the origenal CDs automaticly without asking insert 2nd CD) .
I use toast software but there is no option same like system 9
Pls .. if you can help me ASAP.
thank for all
Alsadr

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Asadr,

can I just check, before I answer, what version of Toast do you have?

Regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
I would use Carbon Copy Cloner - there's a quick guide here if that helps - Guide More to do with cloning but it will point you in the right direction...

Regards

Ric

Reaction score
hi ..
I tried the CCC software .. it is to copy Disk to Disk ,.. or some files .. but still I will go throw it .. there is another software called Dragon burn ( from www.twocows.com ) I tried it also but can't find what I need ..

Ric

Reaction score
I understand what you want to do, I haven't had the need to make my own boot disk using OS X. I am currently away from home, but I will try and find what you are looking for.

I used to have a similar disk for OS 9 but have not had the need for an OS X one.

Regards

Ric

Reaction score
hi
what you send help me but tel now I did not test it. this what I did..
1- creat DVD image with Read and write
2- from Disk utilites I select to restore the startup disk then the secound disk.
3- write the DVD image to DVD disk.
it suppose to work as startup disk and then install the 2nd disk automaticly .. I will test it and I will tell you ..
thank you for your help

Reaction score
hi
last what I did is:
copy Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3 and system update 10.3.8 on the DVD image .. then copy it to DVD Disk
when I restart I hold down the alt key and select the DVD to start ..
it takes about 11 min. to start on G4 7xx MHz but it started
when first disk finish the conmputer restart and ask to install 2nd disk
but it can;t read the DVD as 2nd disk .. I stop the installation .. it is working fine .. then I install the 2nd disk and the the update ..
--------------
what I plane is to create a partions on the DVD image as a multi CDs the I will install every CD on a part with the origenal name so the computer may be can read it .. I will see what I do and I will tel you ...
-------------
my idea is to keep system and photoshop CS and Quark 6.5 on one CD and keep the origenal in a safe place.. I have to install them on more than 25 computers

Ask a Question