How to Install Panther !

Ric

Reaction score
...put Disk 1 of the Panther install CD into the CD tray.

Double click the icon on the desktop.

Double click the "Install" icon on the CD.

Your computer will restart, then select your hard drive when it asks you, and select "Clean Install" and the rest is explained on the screen.

Or

put in Disk 1 then restart and hold down the c key this will force the Mac to boot off the cd, then do the install as above.

I haven't got my disks with me, so I am doing this by memory...on one of the options there is a button that says erase Hard drive first, I would always do this before doing a clean install...I will check on Monday...

...have attached manual

Attachments

• MacOSX10.3_Install_Setup.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 816
Reaction score
This is just to say that i'v reinstalled Panther. I copyed a few app's 2 dvd and all my game saves, preffs to iPod.

When I loaded it back up it seemed kinda quicker and snappier, usually when i scroll down Finder windows it's jerky but now everything opens up/scolls quickly :D

So thanks for all your help and advise and everything you've been a great help. :)

Ric

Reaction score
Good, I'm glad it's gone okay, once you've done it a few times it becomes more straight forward.

Not a problem with the advise, that what these forums are for...

Ask a Question