How do I set a size preference in Final Cut Express

Reaction score
I need to set my sequence preference to work at 256x144 but I cannot find a menu with size on it. How can I do this?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

I'm just having a look for a copy of Final Cut Express, I know I have it somewhere, but it may be at a different site...

...if I can locate it I'll have a look for you !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
No problem will be able to have a proper search later tonight once the ankle biter is in bed !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been able to find it, have you have you had any luck yet !

If I take a normal Movie I can open it and export successfully to your specified size using Quicktime Pro. Not that, that helps much.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ric. No I havn't had any success yet and I agree with your QT Pro comment.

I think I should be able to set the prefs for Final Cut Exp or a sequence at the size I need. But I can't find where. I have no size options in either Final Cut prefs or Sequence/Item or Project properties. The sequence properties say it's at 720x576 but I cannot change that and I think that is my problem because that's why my 256x144 sits surrounded by masses of black.

Ric

Reaction score
Well I haven't been able to find FCE...

... from memory is there a 'crop' tool. Can you select the tracks and then crop it ?

I'm probably not using the correct terminology...but I hope you'll see what I mean.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a downloadable demo any where so that I can take a good look...

... the only other thing I can suggest it to recheck every menu and every option.

If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question