how do i know what application to use to open photoshop?

Reaction score
i just downloaded photoshop and my imac wants to try and open it with quicktime, i don't know what to change the application to so i can open it and set it up, please help!!

Reaction score
i just downloaded photoshop and my imac wants to try and open it with quicktime, i don't know what to change the application to so i can open it and set it up, please help!!

What is the extension of the Photoshop file? For instance, .jpg, .mov, .exe, or .zip, etc.

Reaction score
ok so now i'm in the middle of downloading a multipart version of photohop cs3 for mac and it says there is no default application to open it, which one do i use?
thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Multipart? If the file is segmented, chances are you'll need Stuffit to open it. What's the extension on the file you're trying to open?

Reaction score
.rar is on the end, i'm getting this via a site from rapidshare, i think i may have been suckered! i say buy photoshop cs3, did it and now i'm jumping through hoops!!

Reaction score
You're better off downloading Photoshop from their site. However, you can try using Stuffit Expander to open the file. Hopefully, there's nothing nasty in there. Here's a link for Stuffit Expander. I'll leave it up for a week or so.
http://snipr.com/3wcwa-uchdpg

Reaction score
Not for .rar archives. If Stuffit is able to open the .rar archive, I'd be surprised if you'll find Photoshop for Mac inside.

karazelle

Reaction score
the only place(s) you can buy Photoshop is: www.adobe.com or a store, on media.
If you want a trial, a multiple gigabyte image is available as download from www.adobe.com

Getting Photoshop as RAR files through RapidShare is for illegal software distribution usually. You won't find Photoshop compressed in RAR format for Mac in a legal way.

Reaction score
No problem!! If its rar files you just need to download UnRarX from the internet -you also need to download MacPar. When you have finished your DL of PShop it will come as files called something.rar. They will go in to a folder - maybe downloads by default. Then you just double click on the .rar file and it gets unwrapped. What the MAcPar does is it repairs files that might be missing parts. Once it is unwrapped it should then be in that same folder as a dmg file.

Reaction score
You still might want to try Stuffit as well if you haven't already. It opens more than just .rar archives.
Incidentally, you might want to be careful with file sharing. More times than not you don't get what you were expecting not to mention that you could be downloading malware, viruses and risk possible legal actions. :)

Reaction score
rar I believe is either unix or linux. .dmg is what you need. or either sent as .sit, .sitx or in some cases .zip

Ask a Question