Help with Airport Express

Reaction score
Hi, sorry this is going to sound pretty stupid but I've had terrible trouble configuring my iBook G4 with my new Airport Express and an NTL broadband connection.
1. I set it up last night, following the instructions, the computer recognised the airport network but the ip address automatically given was not correct (according to NTL help). Should start with 10. so they say but was beginning with 169 or something. Restarting everything a number of times made no difference.
2. Decided to start from scratch today. Deleted the networks etc I'd created with the Airport utility...and now the Express is only showing a flashing amber light:mad:...any help gratefully received.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Robbie and welcome !

Have you had any luck yet ?

If not let us know and I'm sure we can guide you through the process...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric,
Yes, managed to sort it out today - all going smoothly now fingers crossed.
Rob

Reaction score
That's strange.

I was shopping around for broadband providers that work with macs, and came across an NTL spokesperson in a shopping mall. She phoned up her headquarters to check if they could provide service, and said unfortunately they can't. I did mention that mine is an Intel Mac, so don't know if that's the difference? Maybe they work with PowerPC but not Intel?

I'm glad you've got yours sorted though :)

Ric

Reaction score
RobbieC said:
Hi Ric,
Yes, managed to sort it out today - all going smoothly now fingers crossed.
Rob

Glad it's working...

If you get chance go to your "Airport Admin Utility" and do a "Save as"

...this will then save your "Airport Config".

Then if your base station gets its knickers in a twist, you can just reload it from the saved file. It can come in handy...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question