Help Unresponsive dock menu

Reaction score
Hopefully this is an easy problem to fix. Every time i right click on an application that is on my dock, i cant select anything from the right click menu that pops up. Then once the menu is up it just stays up making the dock unresponsive until I click at the top of the screen. Please help.. The macbook has been running hot and ive always thought it was normal. But now im starting to think the heat is messing it up.

Please advise

Reaction score
When I first got my MacBook Pro it ran extremely hot, too hot to place on my lap! Apps kept crashing and the system locked up after about 30mins of use. My Mac was a recon from the apple online store and was very cheap so I didnt want to send it back. I installed an app called 'Fan Control' and set the Base Speed to 1000RPM, Lower Threshold to 50'C and Upper Threshold to 75'C - I can now use it on my lap with no problems and it stays around 55'C, the Fans are a little more audible but I'd rather have a cool running non crashing laptop lol. Its not crashed out on me since ;) and the settings stick even when its running in bootcamp.

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but the app is free and is certainly worth a try.

Brian.

Ric

Reaction score
Very nice isdky !

Hi there and welcome Billy1456 !

first, if you are right clicking on something in the dock...the menu will stay up until you click something 'in that menu' or by canceling it... clicking on the Desktop, pressing the escape key, pressing command + . to name a few !

For what reason are you right clicking ? and then not selecting something in the menu ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question