Help! - No Dock or System Clock!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Seem to be having a problem with my iMac G4 17" Flat Screen running on OS X 10.3. Basically I've just acquired a new wireless airport card which I successfully installed and got to work fine for a day...

But today, after starting up, the dock never appeared, the desktop icons were disabled and the system clock (or anything else other than the apple logo) disappeared in the task bar. Managed to get the finder window up, which I could use to navigate, open files and run software, but not the system preferences?!

My first instinct was to take the airport card back and restart, which hasn't solved anything. Had a run down on all the running processes Activity Monitor, but nothing seemed suspicious.

I haven't a clue if this is a hardware or system software failure causing this? But any suggestions or pointers would be very much appreciated!

Ask a Question