HELP, My screen all of the sudden went dark!!

Reaction score
I need some help, I was working on my G4 Powerbook today and left my desk for a little while, Once I came back to wake it up my screen was really dark. I could barely make out an image on it. Can anyone help out with this?

Reaction score
Hello Popwars and Welcome!

It sounds like it could be two things. It could be either the lamp behind the screen that has died or it could be the power inverter. I'm not sure how much it would cost to replace the power inverter, but it looks like it would cost about $150 if it is the lamp. If your G4 is less than 3 years old and you have AppleCare on it, you maybe able to get either problem fixed at no charge. I would take it to an Apple store and have someone look at it. Sorry I can't be more help, but I hope you find this useful.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Searay. I was hoping it would be something that wouldn't cost me anything but that would just be too easy. I guess I'll have to stop by a Appple store tomorrow and have them take a look. Thanks again.

Popwars

Ask a Question