Help: MacTheRipper not working any longer (OSX 10.4.11)

Reaction score
Hi,

(I'm using MTR - 2.6.6)

I've been ripping movies (storing them on an external HD) so I can watch them on my DVD later for the past 2 years using MTR. Now when I put in a DVD to rip, I'm getting error codes (Not Enough Space on Desktop, Can't Open IFO ....are just two of the errors, but there are a few others). I have more than enough space to store them. I've even changed the MTR settings to just take the movie only..it still doesn't work.

Questions:
1. Is there another software option I could use (Handbrake won't work on 10.4)?

2. Can I somehow fix the MTR program?

FYI: If I could get an optional Free Program that would be the best of course.

Thanks for helping out

Reaction score
You could try deleting its preference file.

The DVD companies are using strategies to stop old software like MTR from woking with their DVDs, are you sure it's not just modern DVDs.

I use RipIt, its not free but it is supported.

Reaction score
Kaveman... I tried to download Ripit but it says it won't work on my version of Mac. Any help or links to a download site would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Ah, yes I think its Leopard forward.

You've reinstalled MTR and deleted the old Preference File?
Checked that it doesn't work with older DVDs that it used to work with?

Did you do an update or change your Mac somehow?

If you can't get MTR working with the current DVDs then it looks like the Publishes have won that round. They are constantly finding ways to defeat the software. That why I like RipIt, if you find a DVD that doesn't rip it sends them a notice and they update the software for the new anti-ripping techniques employed. This is an ongoing leapfrog and if you are still back on 10.4, then you're standing still.

Ask a Question